We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Class 2 Driver to join us in Kendal, Cumbria. As a Class 2 Driver, you will deliver exceptional service to our customers by ensuring delivery/ installation, service and quality of our products are maintained to a high standard.
- To deliver and collect linen to and from the Elis branch and our customers.
- To know and understand the scheduled delivery routes that have been allocated.
- Comply with the road transport legislation.
- Accurately record each customer delivery and collection according to current work instructions, including reporting any customer queries using the correct documentation.
- Ensure the security and safety of any Elis vehicle and property or the customers property.
- To be the company’s ‘Service Ambassador’ with our customers.
- To ensure that all contact with our customers is honest, polite and helpful.
- Undertake duties as necessary when instructed by Transport/ Operations Management.
- Comply with driving performance systems and execute daily/ weekly vehicle checks.
- Excellent customer service skills
- Manual Handling experience
- Experience of working in a professional logistics department
- Attention to detail and well organised
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the customer and Elis
- A good understanding of current commercial transport legislation
- Class 2 Licence required
- CPC & Tachograph Digi Card required - must be up to date.
- £13.00 per hour - standard rate. Circa £30,420 + per annum
- £16.25 per hour - overtime rate.
- 45 hour contract.