Logistics Manager - Fakenham
We currently have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Logistics Manager to join us at our Fakenham site where you lead, manage and continually develop the Logistics team in the achievement of functional objectives that support the Site/Plant and Company Business Plan.
You will work closely with the Production team to continuously improve customer service excellence through the Logistics department ensuring distribution has maximum efficiency and economy, improving people development and developing a lean culture.
· Ensure vehicle and Driver compliance with O licence, site, EU and other legal requirements.
· Ensure compliance with the Elis Health and Safety policy, national legislative requirements and the safety and wellbeing of your team.
· Work to resolve all logistics problems, eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses, and ensuring the continuous improvement of working practices.
· Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions, where appropriate, utilising existing systems.
· Ensure route optimisation savings are achieved, all routes profitable, with as little environmental impact as possible, and optimal service levels are maintained.
· Lead, manage, control and develop a team (including absence, disciplinary, PDR process, Driver infringements and grievance, Health and Safety training, Driver assessments) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
· Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with the General Manager, monitoring and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, and investigating and resolving any variances.
· Prepare commission calculations for the departments Drivers and ensure the relevant systems are maintained with accurate information.
· Review all functional activities, develop, propose and if agreed, implement improvements to ensure continuous improvement through increasing effectiveness and added value.
· A self-starter, who has previous experience in a supervisory position.
· A strong people manager, you will possess proven ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
· Possessing strong working knowledge of transport legislation and logistics, you will be confident guiding, coaching and managing a medium to large team of Drivers.
· Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret information effectively to continuously improve the department.
· Excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
· IT literate.
· Experience of lean (Six Sigma) implementation in lean manufacturing systems.
· Financial knowledge covering budget forecasting.
· Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or experience in leading and managing a team within a customer focused environment, with a track record of success.
· Experience of implementing continuous improvement programmes.
· CPC holder.
Up to £50,000.00 per year