We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Logistics Manager to join us based at our Rainhill location where you will lead, manage and continually develop the Logistics team in the achievement of functional objectives that support the site and Company Business Plan. Work closely with the production team to continuously improve customer service excellence through the logistics department ensuring distribution has maximum efficiency and economy, improving people development and a developing a lean culture.
- Ensure that the company’s vision, values and policies and procedures are adhered to at all times.
- You will be responsible for ensuring compliance with the Elis Health and Safety Policy, national legislative requirements and the safety and wellbeing of your team.
- Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions utilising current systems where appropriate, to resolve all logistics problems eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses and continuously improving working practices.
- Ensure vehicle and driver compliance with O licence, site, EU and other legal requirements, monitoring, analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Lead, manage, control and development of personnel (including absence, disciplinary and grievance, Health and Safety Training, driver assessments) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with General Manager, monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
- Ensure route optimisation savings are achieved and all routes are profitable.
- To review all functional activities, develop, propose and, if agreed, implement improvements to ensure continuous improvement through increasing effectiveness, efficiency and added value.
- Contribute to the reduction of impact to the environment e.g. optimal efficiency and economy on routes with targets per mile/km.
- Ensure have LEAN loading and unloading processes.
- Promote and manage implementation of technologies to improve data capture on textile logistics in distribution area.
- Ensure that the fleet satisfies the requirements for maintenance, vehicle inspection, order, etc. follow established guidelines.
- Experience of lean (Six Sigma) implementation in lean manufacturing systems.
- Financial knowledge covering budget forecasting.
- CPC Holder
- Educated to degree level or equivalent and/or experience in leading and managing a team within a customer focussed environment, with a track record of success.
- Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
Up to £50,000 per annum. Plus bonus.