An exciting opportunity for a Senior Engineer to join us based at our Wednesbury location where you will support the Engineering Manager and act as the deputy in the achievement of functional objectives that support the site and company business plan. You will work closely with the Production and Engineering team to continuously improve site overall equipment effectiveness, people development and a lean culture. You will be responsible for developing and leading all engineering functions as agreed with the Engineering Manager.
- Support the Engineering Manager/team to ensure compliance with regulations for fire and alarm systems, PAT, pressure valves, etc., analysing the results and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Support the engineering team by working on shift, with hands on experience to mentor team ensuing that PPMs, SSOWs and working procedures are followed.
- Support the Engineering Manager with the planning, organising and coordinating resources to meet production requirements of ongoing maintenance, machine replacement and unplanned issues.
- Support the Engineering Manager to plan and direct the installation, testing, operation, maintenance, and repair of facilities and equipment as per production requirements.
- Support the Engineering Manager to deliver training to engineers and operators on new machinery, using the machinery documentation and SSOWs.
- Oversee engineering team during any period of Engineering Manager absence; monitoring, managing and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budgets investigating and resolving any variances.
- Ensure PPM schedule is adhered to and highlight issues to Engineering Manager and General Manager.
- Ability to analyse data and use it to persuade and influence people at all levels and develop good working relationships that promote team working.
- A strategic thinker with good business acumen and the ability to think from the customers’ perspective.
- Able to demonstrate a proven track record of commercial awareness.
- Able to work autonomously and drive change.
- Excellent written and verbal skills and be IT Literate.
- Proven experience of industrial maintenance or production.
- NEBOSH qualification (desirable).
- Experience in applying and implementing LEAN manufacturing systems (desirable).
- Educated to degree level or NVQ Level 5 in relevant engineering field.