Technical / PPM Cleaner - Acton
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Technical Cleaner to join our friendly team at our Elis Acton site.
The Maintenance Handy Person (PPM) will report directly to the Senior Engineer/Engineering Manager on site . (ACTON) They will be accountable for the completion of work as set by the Senior Engineer/Engineering Manager, including ensuring that the work is completed in a quality and timely manner. They will provide support in relation to all maintenance tasks and projects being undertaken, including day to day upkeep in/around the factory/site, minor repairs, painting etc, technical cleaning, cage repairs/maintenance. The position may require shift working in accordance to site working patterns.
- To ensure all Maintenance Handy Person (PPM) activities are completed on time as required, feeding back information to the Senior Engineer to improve the PPM system and activities
- To work closely with the Shift Engineers to ensure all support work and activities are carried out every day, and sharing all other information and practices as required
- To ensure all material movement equipment (trolleys, cages, pallet trucks etc) are maintained to a high level and safe for use
- To ensure that as part of the Engineering team, always look to improve equipment safety, guarding integrity
- To undertake minor repairs to equipment in a safe and timely manner ensuring that Production is constantly updated on progress
- To undertake minor remedial engineering works to equipment or site as instructed by the Engineering Manager.
- To ensure any risks of safety or failure of equipment or site infrastructure are communicated to the Manager.
- To work with the Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager to ensure that contractors are working safely on site and adhering to site Health and Safety rules and procedures
- To ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards.
- To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies.
- To ensure that equipment provided for the protection of health and safety is maintained and used appropriately, and in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
- To ensure that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure good housekeeping standards are maintained.
- To ensure the Company’s disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
- To ensure the company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- To maintain excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers.
- To maintain site infrastructure, doors, welfare facilities, guarding to a high standard
- To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company’s written standards.
- Operate boiler in accordance with BG01 standards where needed
- Support sorting of waste, tidying of archives, entering of intervention reports etc
Things we look for:
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Mechanical Fabrication/Maintenance/Bench fitting qualifications (entry level City & Guilds) preferred but not essential.
- Willing to undertake further training to attain NVQ’s
- Boiler BG01 Certification (Training will be provided)
- Forklift Truck License (Training will be provided)
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
- High attention to detail.
- Flexible and able to react quickly to the needs of the business
- Practical problem-solving abilities
- Flexibility to work unsocial hours, weekends if needed.
- Preferred previous experience in semi-skilled role
- Preferred knowledge of machine/bench fitting and fabrication skills
- Safe Systems of Work / Standard Operation Procedures experience, Basic H&S training
Up to £28,000