Elis is an international multi-service provider, offering textile, hygiene and facility services solutions. Present in Europe and Latin America, we are a leader in most of the 28 countries in which we operate, employing 45,000 professionals at 440 production and services centres. We work for public and private organizations of all sizes and across all sectors.
We are an ambitious business with plans to grow in the UK service industry and we have an unrelenting desire to become an employer of choice.
Elis is a meritocracy, and we promote and reward individuals who deliver against objectives, commitments and show great performance. Ambition and enthusiasm are key traits of our employees who live the values our business is built on, Respect, Integrity, Exemplarity, and Responsibility.
At Elis, we live by our values and encourage everyone to be the best they can be, we recognise everyone's contribution to our success and encourage employee development throughout their career with us and promote inclusivity. We are committed to our CSR vision with sustainability being the heart of our business model, we deliver quality services whilst minimising our environmental impact, and strive to create a trusting and respectful environment with our employees and customers.
As a Logistics Supervisor you will be expected to deliver service excellence though an efficient, legally compliant and cost-effective logistics department.
- To provide relief cover by completing routes in the event of driver absence or holidays.
- Ensure vehicle and driver compliance with O license, site, EU and other legal requirements, monitoring, analysing TMS2 data and ensuring corrective action is implemented to continuously improve the working environment.
- Deputies for the Logistics Manager during periods they away from the business.
- Ensure risk assessments are undertaken and implemented on customer premises for major changes/new business when required as advised by the relevant customer account team.
- To ensure the drivers deliver the level of customer service that meets the agreed plans for optimal service levels.
- Ensure route optimisation savings are achieved and all routes are profitable, ensuring the use of agency drivers is kept to a minimum.
- Investigate, analyse and implement corrective actions utilising current systems where appropriate (i.e. FTA Vision, TMS2 data, Telematics, Dynamics) to resolve all logistics problems eliminating inefficient supply and distribution routes, quality of service, customer losses and continuously improving working practices. (e.g. weight checking, mileage/km fuel consumption, accuracy and timeliness of deliveries to customers).
- Develop, propose and agree functional budgets with Logistics Manager, monitoring and controlling all activities in accordance with the agreed functional budget, investigating and resolving any variances.
- Lead, manage, control and development of personnel (including absence, disciplinary, PDR process, driver infringements and grievance, Health and Safety Training, driver assessments) using SMART objectives during regular review and feedback meetings.
- Contribute to the reduction of impact to the environment e.g. optimal efficiency and economy on routes with targets per mile/km.
- Ensure all Health & Safety regulations are adhered to.
- Ensure driver compliance with site EN14065 standard, i.e. drivers disinfect vehicles every day.
- Good written and verbal skills (clarity of speech and friendliness of tone).
- Can do attitude, flexible and ability to react quickly to the needs of the customer.
- Ability to listen to and influence peer group and department team members to build and lead effective working teams.
- Good attention to detail and the ability to analyse data and interpret the information effectively to continuously improve the department and/or team.
- Ability to organise self and others to ensure tasks are carried out in a timely manner.
- IT literate (Microsoft Office).
- HGV 2 licence.
- Previous supervisory experience of 2 to 3 years desirable but not essential.
- Leadership and People Management skills; recruitment, motivation, PDR process, coaching, disciplinary/grievance, performance management, absence management etc.
- HGV 2 licence.
In addition to a competitive salary of £38,000.
We are proud to offer a great employee package that rewards hard work and supports mental health and wellbeing.
- Thorough onboarding training and induction programme
- National structure to support ambition
- Competitive salary
- 29 days holiday
- Employee Assistance Programme
- NEST Pension
- Discounted Gym Membership