Bids Manager (Temporary) – Birmingham
We currently have an exciting opportunity for a Bids Manager to join our friendly Sales team on a temporary basis, working out of our Birmingham Office. As Bids Manager you will be responsible for compelling and accurate sales collateral for use in bids and tenders to support both the new and existing business teams.
· Continuously improve a central bid library which houses compelling and accurate sales collateral for all outbound proposals and tenders.
· Create and have approved, new content for storage within the bid library by engaging with subject matter experts across the business.
· Provide support to all inbound tender and RFP queries and ensure professional and compelling responses are created and delivered to the customer.
· Identify and track opportunities on which to submit bids and feeding into the decision whether to bid for the work.
· Responding to clients’ and other stakeholders’ queries before, during and after the bid has been submitted.
· Co-ordinating the bidding process for all Key Account opportunities. (both new and existing business).
· Coaching and Supporting Account Managers and Sales Consultants through the bid/tender process, acting as a mentor.
· Producing accompanying presentations and all other supporting documentation throughout the bidding process ensuring a cohesive and consistent approach.
· Must be self-motivated and demonstrate the desire and determination to succeed.
· Good time management is essential.
· Must possess strong organisation skills.
· Requires good communications skills and ability to liaise at all levels, both within the Company and with external organisations.
· Ability to come up with new ideas and provide solutions to ensure the ongoing improvement of sales practices and business.
· Must have the ability to present and train candidates on tools and procedures.
· Confident in data analysis and strong eye for detail.
· Skilled in the use of reporting and communications tools – Excel, PowerPoint etc.
· Trained to expert level in the use of tools such as Word, Adobe Editor, Photoshop.
· Experience in the development of compelling sales collateral and proposal/tender documents is essential.
· Experienced in using Word/Adobe/Powerpoint to ‘expert’ level.
· A-Level education or equivalent is essential.
· Sales or industry level qualifications are desirable.
· Knowledge of the Elis business and operational capability is desirable.
· Experience in broader commercial and operational roles outside of the sector is desirable.
Up to £40,000.00 per year
Contract length: 12 months