An exciting opportunity for an Engineer to join us at our Grangemouth site where you will provide support in relation to all maintenance tasks and projects being undertaken, including day to day breakdown, equipment updates, new installations, and building/infrastructure upgrades.
- You will undertake remedial engineering works to equipment on site as instructed by the Engineering Manager. Repairing equipment in a safe and timely manner ensuring that Production is continuously updated on any progress.
- To provide knowledge and input into continuous improvement of plant, machinery, and maintenance activities. Working with the Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager to identify long running problems and suitable solutions.
- To ensure that as part of the Engineering team, you always look to improve equipment performance, reliability, and running costs for replacement parts and consumables.
- To report any incidents, accidents and near misses in accordance with Health and Safety Policies. Ensuring that safe systems of work and best practice procedures are adhered to.
- To ensure the Company’s disciplines, rules and standards are maintained.
- To ensure the Company assets are maintained to achieve maximum efficiency.
- To work within the procedures and standards as determined by the company’s written standards.
- To work with the Senior Engineer and Engineering Manager to ensure that contractors are working safely on site and adhering to site Health and Safety rules and procedures.
- To ensure all activities are carried out in accordance with the Site Health and Safety instructions and the SSG Health and Safety manual, as well as in accordance with relevant engineering standards.
- You will maintain excellent communication between Production staff and co-workers and ensure all handover of ongoing activities is carried out every day, and sharing all other information and practices as required.
- Skilled in both Electrical and Mechanical trades from a manufacturing background with knowledge of engineering disciplines including pneumatics, hydraulics, steam systems.
- C & G 18th Edition qualification (preferred).
- You will be self-motivated, able to make decisions and react quickly to the needs of the business.
- Ability to develop effective working relationships across all levels of management and staff and work as part of a team.
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal.
- Electronic fault finding to component level.
- High attention to detail.
- Mechanical Fabrication/Maintenance skills.