Performance Project Manager
Elis is a leading provider of professional garments and linen rental and care services. At group level, this activity represents 80% of its revenue and requires a yearly investment of several hundred million pounds. The optimization of this investment in terms of cost, quality and added value for our customers is a strategic priority for the group and in the UK.
Our business is based on the circular economy, giving our customers the opportunity to use many products through rental rather than having to buy them. We ensure products are designed and maintained to provide superior functionality and durability.
As a member of the NHS England Net Zero International Leadership Committee and in line with our ambition to become net zero by 2045 in the UK, we have started a strategic initiative aiming at reducing the carbon footprint of our healthcare business unit: the Healthcare Textile Improvement Programme (HTIP).
The Performance Project Manager role is to assist the UK organisation in reducing our carbon footprint while improving our Textile investment performance and customer satisfaction, by ensuring that textile purchases are well controlled and by leading performance improvement projects on all steps of our plants and customer flows, starting with a key contribution to the HTIP initiative.
- Lead performance improvement projects at all stage of their lifecycle, starting with projects from the HTIP roadmap
- Support the HTIP governance bodies by providing regular and structured reporting, including risk & opportunities analysis
- Challenge and help plants to improve and achieve optimum results by measuring and benchmarking their operational performance through KPI roll-out and regular consolidation
- Review and analyse plants’ flow and processes on site to ensure linen is being managed appropriately to give their maximum return on investment, benchmarking best practices and proposing performance improvement action plans to the management
- Develop supply chain & operations capabilities, especially at laundry level, through coaching and training of key stakeholders, with a focus on general managers and textile managers.
- Act as a source of knowledge, providing data and analysis to the wider business.
Location: Elis UK Head Office in Basingstoke + frequent travels over the country: 2 days/week
Education & Experience:
Individuals focused on customer experience, analytics, and methodology, with over 5 years of professional experience with:
- Validated experience of working cross-functionally, with all levels of seniority, to achieve performance improvement through structured approaches (Lean 6sigma, operational excellence, etc.), including at shopfloor level
- Validated experience of managing projects
- Validated experience within a multi-site industrial or distribution environment, either as a support function such as Supply Chain & methods or directly managing production teams
- Bachelor/master’s degree level or alternatively a proven track record from an industrial or distribution environment