Elis is an international multi-service provider, offering textile, hygiene, and facility services solutions. We are a leader in most of the 28 countries in which we operate, employing 50,000 professionals.
We have a fantastic opportunity for committed and motivated Production Operatives to join a company that invests training and development to provide their people with the opportunity to flourish and develop their careers!
Here at Elis, we recognize that our employees are the company’s greatest asset and our investment in our people reflects this. Elis offers a wide range of assignments and career opportunities via a multitude of diverse job roles and career gateways between functions. This vast field of possibilities gives you the opportunity to achieve your career goals.
You will be part of a large, hardworking, friendly team responsible for ensuring that our customers receive outstanding levels of service, and that all work is completed to the highest quality and hygiene standards.
We are looking for production operatives to join us at our site in Shrewsbury, to process surgical products which are delivered onwards to hospitals around the country.
Working in a clean room environment your responsibilities will be:
- Hand Folding of gowns and theatre drapes
- Order Picking
- Deliver an exceptional service to our customers
- Ensure our products leave the factory on time and of a high quality, maintaining a high level of safety at all times
No experience is required. Full training will be provided, and you will have the opportunity to develop the skills of a Multi-Skilled Operative. A personal development plan will be agreed between yourself and management, in which you will have the opportunity to discuss any career aspirations and explore development opportunity. Once you have completed your probationary period, you will have access to apply onto one of the ranges of Apprenticeship courses on offer and the company will continue to support your personal and career development.
What we are looking for:
- Comfortable with working on your feet for long periods.
- Experience of working in a customer focused environment.
- Experience of working within a fast-paced production environment (desirable but not essential).
- Great team player and able to take own initiative and be highly responsible.
- Willing to learn new skills.
- Good work ethic.
We recognise employees who support the company values and have exemplary performance. Do you want to be awarded the next Employee of the Month? Or be selected as one of our site Chevrons from the Production team. A Chevron is the voice of the colleagues, takes lead of the site Social Calendar for events including – summers events, BBQ’s, Christmas Parties, celebrating observance days, etc. and takes part in an all-expenses paid trip in Europe with the company, with a guest of choice. We also have a refer a friend scheme and employee store discounts! Do you want to know more?
In addition, we are proud to offer a great employee package that rewards hard work and supports mental health and well-being.
- Thorough onboarding training and induction programme
- National structure to support ambition
- Employee Assistance Programme
- £10.42 per hour