Payroll Administrator - Basingstoke, Hampshire
We are looking for an experienced Payroll Administrator to join our friendly team in Basingstoke on an 8-12 week temporary contract. You will work as part of a team alongside 3 administrators paying over 3800 weekly paid employees in over 30 branches.
The role is full time, 37.5 hours per week, with an annual salary of up to £25,000 dependent on experience.
- 8am – 5pm Monday, Tuesday & Thursday
- 8am – 1:30pm Wednesday
- 8am – 2pm Friday
Responsibilities of a Payroll Administrator:
- Input and check output for approximately 950-1000 employees in a set group of branches.
- Set up new starters, ensuring the correct documentation is received to comply with Home Office legislation.
- Inputting and adjusting hours where necessary.
- Recording and calculating SSP, SMP, SSP SHPP etc.
- Changing tax codes, bank details, addresses etc.
- Terminating employees-sending out P45’s.
- Filing input in employee’s personal payroll files.
- Answering correspondence.
- Dealing with the external agencies (Tax Office, DSS, Contributions Agency, Banks).
- Dealing with internal customers (Employees, Branch Administrators, General Managers).
Requirements of a Payroll Administrator:
- Must have previous payroll experience.
- Must have a good knowledge of PAYE, NI, SMP, SSP, Redundancy Court Orders and Student Loans.
- Good time management and flexibility in work approach is essential.
- Must possess strong numerical skills, ideally hold 2 GCSE’s (English and Mathematics desirable).
- Requires good communication skills and ability to liaise at all levels, both within the company and externally.
- Experience of working to strict deadlines.
- Good knowledge of Microsoft Office and IT skills.
Systems that are used in the role: Carval Unity - Uniwage (Payroll), Unistaff (HR) and Self-Service modules.
Benefits for a Payroll Administrator:
- Annual Salary of up to £25,000, dependent on experience.
- 29 days holiday per year Including Bank holidays (full time equivalent).
- Ample free car parking on site.